Saturday, December 10, 2011

Much better sleep...

Wow, what a difference a day makes getting a good nights sleep! I feel a lot better today and actually feel like I can eat things. I was able to keep the medicine for pain in me every 5 hours or so and it helped me sleep really well. I made it down the stairs and met my new friend, the couch, again. The nerve block came off last night and I could finally feel my incision site, I don't know if that is good or not. It burns down there but not enough to really hurt bad.

I feel good today and Tiff is taking really good care of me. I am able to get around on my crutches well and I even used the knee scooter today a little bit to break up the boredom. I feel good enough to attempt a bath today as well. This should be good!

So I ended sitting on a step stool in the tub with my leg hanging over the side and using a cup to dump water on my body. It worked out well, and Tiff was the one that suggested using the step stool. Great suggestion, that way I didn't have to sit all the way down in the tub and have awkward angles to wash myself.

Hardest part of this whole thing is the sitting and taking it easy part. I am supposed to be total non weight bearing for two weeks. Tiff was told that the first four days are extremely critical in taking care of the surgical site and getting the healing process off to a great start.

No comments: