Friday, December 2, 2011

Never thought it would happen to me...

On Dec. 2nd I was playing basketball with our faculty group in the new gym. We had been playing about 20 minutes, full court, when I went in for a rebound from the 3 point line. As I went to push off to go to the basket, it felt like someone kicked me in the back of my leg. Then my leg seemed to get "longer". I hobbled off the court and did some feeling around on my leg. I had ROM everywhere except pushing off the floor with the sole of my foot.

I went back and showered, got some ice, and went to my office to put my foot up. I could hobble fairly well but it was shaky and hurt a little. I ended going to the IHC Sports Medicine Clinic where our trainer works and was seen by Dr. McClaine. She did an Ultrasound on my tendon and found that the structures there were not complete. I was able to get into the MRI at the hospital and got that done. Later that day Dr. McClaine called me and said that it was a complete rupture. Doc gave me the name of the Dr. that she was going to call and get me set up with. I was very impressed with Dr. McClaine and the way that she was getting me set up for this procedure.

I left their office in a boot and crutches.

No comments: